A modern, planet-friendly twist on an American classic, this soft-baked chocolate chip cookie is made with Renewal Mill's upcycled organic okara flour and Guittard's gourmet chocolate chips. They're snack sized, so just right for a lunchbox or an afternoon coffee, and they also happen to be vegan and completely plant-based.
Never heard of the magic that the folks at Renewal Mill work before? They use a really efficient co-location model to capture and upcycle byproduct from different food manufacturing partners. That means that not only are they upcycling food that would have otherwise gone to waste or contributed to global warming, but Renewal Mill upcycled ingredients are made within the factories they are rescued from and processed into their final form before they ever leave the factory floor for the first time.
Each order contains a box of 20 cookies-- they're wrapped in bundles of two. Your Renewal Mill deliciousness will ship 2-4 days after you place your order.
· The good news is cookies are biodegradable in that you should absolutely eat and enjoy them and leave no crumb behind.
· This product is packaged in plastic as a necessity to preserve its shelf life, but the thoughtful team at Renewal Mill offsets that plastic consumption through rePurpose Global, removing an equal amount of plastic from the environment.
· The cardboard boxes these cookies come in are recyclable and the facility that produces them offsets their impact with the planting of carbon sequestering trees.
· Renewal Mill offsets all of their ingredients, for carbon neutral flours. They plan to offset all of the ingredients they use in their baking mixes this year to be a completely carbon neutral company as well as an upcycled company.
· This business currently uses steam heat (heated by fossil fuel) but is doing active R&D on a solar thermal system.
· Renewal Mill is a woman-owned independent business operating out of Oakland, California.