Recycled Turbine Clock
The journey from start to complete sustainability is anything but linear, so we designed a little barometer to make comparing products easier.
From the makers of one of our favorite compostable lamps come this bright and clever clock, made from recycled PLA with the same zero waste 3D printing methods we know and love. As much a clock as an art piece, theTurbine Clock was inspired by the intake fans that can be seen in HVAC systems, jet engines, farm aerators, and any place where you need to move a gas or a liquid from one place to another really fast. It’s that, but, you know-- minus the gas and plus all the recycled materials and zero waste production.
· Your clock ships in a corrugated box with paper packing or a corn based, biodegradable foam.
· Each clock is made of recycled PLA and can be municipally composted, while the metal hardware is recyclable. Need help dealing with it? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Each of these made-to-order, brilliant bioplastic clocks typically is made to order. This holiday season, you can expect your order to ship within 1-2 weeks. All orders placed through the first week of December (or until sold out!) should ship in time for Christmas arrival.
· These clocks are 3D printed by the design genius behind Wooj over in Brooklyn. Their studio is powered with renewable energy.
· Each clock is 8 1/8" x 1 3/8".
· Each clock comes with an American made quartz movement and a single AA battery.
· Instead of using traditional manufacturing methods where material is subtracted in order to create an object, Wooj opts for an additive approach to reduce waste. Clever, clever!
· Materials: 3D printed recycled PLA (Polylactic Acid), brass hardware.