Zero-Waste Regenerative Loose Leaf Tea in Chamomile
These chamomile flowers will give you a relaxing, luxurious cup of tea. Known for its calming benefits, chamomile is an ideal herbal tea at the end of the day or in the late afternoon.
Most teas we consume in the US were harvested years before they ever even make their way into your pantry. Alaya teas are super fresh-- you'll be able to smell, see and taste that difference.
Your order contains a bag of certified organic chamomile loose leaf tea that should yield over 25 cups of tea. Why loose leaf? While convenient, tea bags are often made with plastic, which makes for a lot of microplastics that you end up drinking or pouring down the drain-- a type of waste that's invisible to the eye and super tricky to manage.
· We're so proud to be able to offer this product in totally zero waste and biodegradable packaging-- no small feat for a resealable bag with perishable tea inside of it, or a small business! (High order minimums and sky-high prices make it incredibly difficult for small businesses to swing zero waste packaging.)
· Alaya Tea uses compostable bags with a bio-based zipper on top, which means you can reseal the pouch between brews and preserve freshness. Even the label on each bag is printed with certified compostable Indigo ink on 100% recycled post-consumer waste content, and attached using a water-based adhesive.
· Your order comes in a biodegradable mailer too!
· Each resealable bag ships 3-5 days after you place your order.
· Alaya Teas are sourced from organic, biodynamic and regenerative organic farms in India and packaged in Los Angeles, CA.
· Alaya sources their teas and herbals directly from organic, biodynamic, and regenerative organic farms. All teas and herbals are fresh from the latest season, sent in small batches, and are free of typically added flavorings, fragrances, or preservatives. Sourcing regeneratively grown teas also means working with farms that are growing tea in ways that help retain the soil and combat climate change in their regions: planting trees to protect from landslides and runoff; eliminating the use of chemicals; using mulch and covering the soil, and leaving ample space for forestry.
· All of Alaya’s products are certified organic by CCOF and contain 100% organic ingredients only. Their suppliers also have further certifications on top of USDA organic: Demeter-certified biodynamic for their tea estates and Regenerative organic certified for their herbals.