Harvested in the second picking of the year, these leaves are more full-bodied than their first flush counterpart, but they still have that classic floral quality that we've come to associate with Darjeeling tea, which comes from the unique terroir of the Himalayan region where this tea was grown.
· We're so proud to be able to offer this product in totally zero waste and biodegradable packaging-- no small feat for a resealable bag with perishable tea inside of it, or a small business! (High order minimums and sky-high prices make it incredibly difficult for small businesses to swing zero waste packaging.)
· Alaya Tea uses compostable bags with a bio-based zipper on top, which means you can reseal the pouch between brews and preserve freshness. Even the label on each bag is printed with certified compostable Indigo ink on 100% recycled post-consumer waste content, and attached using a water-based adhesive.
· Your order comes in a biodegradable mailer too!
· Each resealable bag ships 3-5 days after you place your order.
· Alaya Teas are sourced from organic, biodynamic and regenerative organic farms in India and packaged in Los Angeles, CA.
· Alaya sources their teas and herbals directly from organic, biodynamic, and regenerative organic farms. All teas and herbals are fresh from the latest season, sent in small batches, and are free of typically added flavorings, fragrances, or preservatives. Sourcing regeneratively grown teas also means working with farms that are growing tea in ways that help retain the soil and combat climate change in their regions: planting trees to protect from landslides and runoff; eliminating the use of chemicals; using mulch and covering the soil, and leaving ample space for forestry.
· All of Alaya’s products are certified organic by CCOF and contain 100% organic ingredients only. Their suppliers also have further certifications on top of USDA organic: Demeter-certified biodynamic for their tea estates and Regenerative organic certified for their herbals.